Monday, April 4, 2011

The big storm.

Well hey there blogging world! I am so excited to actually start my first blog. I've been going back and forth with the idea of a blog for the longest time, but have finally decided it was a great idea. There is so much that I have on my mind at all times of the day (being my ADD self this happens quite a lot) and I'm so excited to share with you. This blog will not just represent the good in my life, but I will also be truthful when times are rough. BUT mostly I really hope to inspire those who read this blog to not only live your lives through the good times and the struggles... but live it to the fullest, not on your own, but with the help of one who is stronger then anyone can fathom, the majesty and creator of the Earth, God.


Surprisingly today has been great... those of you that are in my weather conditions may think I'm completely crazy, but honestly... I've had quite a peace today... and it's been really strange to me how I can have a complete peace when in the next few hours or so we might possibly have a tornado... hahaha. NO I am not crazy... I've just been reminded today of a sermon that I heard yesterday in Memphis.


The sermon was on the Glory of Jesus and how there is nothing we cannot face with the Glory of Jesus... (shown in Mark 9).  Also the pastor reminded us that- we live in His world- we are the aliens- NOT Him.  That really hit me hard because I've been trying to empty out space and time for Him when He has allowed me to be apart of His great story (how selfish am I?).  His amazing story that began way back in Genesis and that could end at any moment.  How could I not be in constant gratitude for all that He has allowed me to experience and how could I possibly just keep this GREAT amazing story to myself... WOW! What a conviction. 


So this is what I've been grateful for all day... is that I get to experience Him daily. I get to have a real true relationship with Him that will go way past just this temporal world. Um... I am PUMPED. haha. 


So even though there is a storm outside... He is present... in all His glory, His graces, His mercies, and His most incomprehensible LOVE for His creations.
This takes me back to my little Sunday school days... (now being able to understand how much He really does love me)...

John 3:16-18
 "16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son."


HOW AMAZING is He?! He loves us so much.


SO... GO out there and bask in that storm... because even though it's scary and frightening... He is present... and He takes care of His flock at all times even in times of struggle and being afraid.


Psalms 100:3
"Know that the Lord is God. It is He who has made us, and we are His, we are His people, the sheep of HIS pasture!"


 



No comments:

Post a Comment