Monday, April 11, 2011

through the good and the bad.

The reason this post is called "through the good and the bad" is for several reasons, but one in particular pertaining to that video.  If you watched or you have watched it you know what its about. The song by Tenth Avenue North is something I struggle with everyday as a human being and that is making mistakes.  I personally have made mistakes numerous amounts of times. For me every mistake that I have made usually stays with me for awhile... it convicts me and usually absorbs all my time... by pondering on it, writing about (like right now), and constantly being reminded about it.  Now when it becomes this bad I know for sure its one thing... guilt...
Guilt is something that God doesn't want us to have... of course God wants to convict us about the things we've or about to do (called the Holy Spirit), but he doesn't want us to stay endowed in it forever... that is exactly why Jesus came here is to give us a NEW HOPE and new way of living... He wants us to live freely so that we can worship and follow Him without having the feeling of guilt. 
That is why I love this song so much... every time I've heard it, it just reminds me every time that yeah... I've made mistakes and I am still going to make mistakes (because I'm human), but I mean so much more than that or the future mistakes that may come. 
Though the mistakes we make may seem huge and they may be huge, but in reality God takes care of all things... "we are more than the choices that we've made...we've been remade".
This also makes me realize that I spend too much time pondering about my mistakes... time that is valuable to God that He could be using, but instead I'm stuck in this feeling of sin and guilt.  So please I encourage you... if you are similar to me in this area... take a step back and see that His grace is sufficient for you in all things... even in our dumb mistakes and sins.  

I hope y'all had a wonderful wonderful weekend!!!! and I hope that as you go through this week y'all will be encouraged by the fact that God loves us more than we can ever know or comprehend and that we are WAY more important to God than our mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment