Sunday, July 24, 2011

Acceptance.

Have you ever dreamed to find someone who completely accepts you, for you? Whether that's your best friends, a friend, a family member, or boyfriend, or maybe just someone random off the street. Someone who accepts that we are all flawed, we've all stumbled, and we are all continuously choosing the wrong decisions for ourselves?

I know I have. 

I do it everyday whether I would like to admit it or not. I continuously put up walls that protect places where I've messed up and hide what I'm really thinking.

Today in church... I know... this is the last thing you want to read. Ha. But today in church... We discussed John 4:1-42.
If you've never read it, I encourage you to read it. (Read it slowly because what I got out of it today I don't know if I would have ever thought this haha.)

It's about a woman that Jesus met at a well. She was searching for something and didn't even realize it. She was searching for something that our hearts search for everyday... and that's acceptance and satisfaction.

Something my pastor said to the congregation hit hard on me...
I constantly am looking to some kind of acceptance or satisfaction...
Something I never really thought about is... we are already accepted and can find our full satisfaction with someone who wants us dearly (Christ).

God knows everything that has happened in our lives and he knows what else is going to come in our lives. He knows when we will fail and he knows that we will mess up.
Our human flesh is designed to fail so that one day we will realize our real need of Christ.

So... this is one thing I am going to try to live by... not just that Christ died for me and so I should spread the word... but also...

that I am:
COMPLETELY known about and dearly LOVED by God -- so that I don't have to go looking for acceptance or satisfaction from anyone or anything.

He is the only person that I don't have to cover up my flaws, I don't have to hide myself and my fears, because He already knows them and has loved me anyways and begs that I come to Him... so I don't have to search for my acceptance any longer. All my satisfaction comes from Him. Now I just need to stop searching and start really living.

I hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday afternoon, whether in sunshine or rain. Everything is a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment